Monday, April 20, 2009

Life with an Older Sister

Poor Jeremy. He's subject to all kinds of interesting experiences due to having an older sister. Case in point:

Today, I'm in the kitchen cleaning up the mess after returning from Target. The kids are playing upstairs. Jeremy comes downstairs, without pants on, and with a dress half on his body. He turns to me and says, "Mom, I don't want to be fancy." I think that meant I was supposed to help him remove said dress.

Later, I was upstairs with both kids and Jeremy got into Riley's lip gloss. I told him that's not for him and that it's for girls. He says, in all seriousness, "When I'm a little girl, I can use it, OK?"

And I couldn't forget all the pictures I've taken of him dressed up so beautifully. He makes a pretty girl, don't you think?

Princess Jeremy

His interesting ensemble.

Riley and her prince.

I love the look on his face.

He'll probably be mortified some day that I have all these pictures. But it's a rite of passage for those with older sisters, right? And if we can't take a few pictures for posterity (and perhaps to show his future wife someday), then what good is it?


No comments: