Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Visit Up North

The kids and I took a daytrip up to Wisconsin last week to visit my cousin and her family. She gave birth to baby Samuel on January 2, and he became an instant celebrity by becoming the first baby born at that hospital. Anyway, with it being such a bitter cold winter, add that to the fact that Sam is a little fussy, we decided to bring some relief in the form of two kids and a cousin.

The trip was actually decent, considering I was worried about having to deal with stopping alongside a two-lane highway to tend to bathroom breaks. I came prepared, though. I packed a mini potty, just in case. Jeremy was able to hold it the entire way--Riley was the one who insisted on using the portable potty. I think she just wanted to pee in the car, quite frankly.

We made it up there and had a great visit. My aunt (my cousin's mom) was up there and she whipped up a fantastic lunch. I was able to get a lot of snuggles in with the little guy, and the kids had fun playing with Colton, who is now 5!

Riley and Colton sharing a chair.

Jeremy watching a movie.

Unfortunately I didn't take advantage and snap a lot of pictures of "Baby Samuel" as Jeremy calls him. No nicknames here! But trust me, he's a cutie. (Although the stories Kim told me of the lack of sleep, balancing life with three kids, and dealing with winter makes me wish we lived many miles closer.) Thanks for letting us visit!

Baby Samuel enjoying a bottle.

Basking in the milk coma.

1 comment:

C and D said...

He's so tiny!!! I'm glad you got to visit your cousin. Bet the kids had fun. I made D play the hockey video for me at least 3 times. I'm in love!!! Wondering what Jeremy will do all day without Riley? You are really lucky to have such great children. Lots of love!!!! casey