Saturday, March 7, 2009

We Interrupt This Blog...

...for a brief brag. I went and chopped off my hair yesterday. Only about eight inches. I'm still in shock. I plan on donating it to Pantene's wig program, and was inspired by my brother who did the same in the fall before he left for Lebanon. I decided spur of the moment on Friday to do it, and Jeremy was a trooper while we were at the hair cut place. My head feels so much lighter, and I still can't believe I did it.

Here's the most recent before shot:

This was from our water park excursion
last week, which I still need to write about.

I was apprehensive about Jeremy's reaction, because he's so into hair. For all his life, he's loved hair. He twirls his hair to comfort himself, and there has been on more than one occasion where he wants me to take my hair out of my ponytail so he can run his fingers through it. He did say afterward that I looked beautiful, but he said he wanted the lady to put my hair back on my head. Sorry, buddy.

The after pics:

Jeremy didn't want to join us in this shot.

Ta dah! Quite the difference, huh?

2 comments:

mikedawnsnelgrove said...

I love it!

LynnMSH said...

WOW WOW WOW! What a change! It looks great and I'm proud of you that you donated it to such a great cause. Go you!