Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Raising a Boy

I don't remember Riley ever being so fascinated with body functions. And I'm rather surprised that it has happened with Jeremy so young. Being a woman myself, I don't recall being so enthralled with these sort of things either, although I'm sure some family members would care to disagree.

Just a few minutes ago, I noticed Jeremy dumped a puzzle on the table. That's fine. No worries. Then I see him bending down, as if he's looking for something. I asked him, "Did you drop a puzzle piece?"

"Nope. I'm pooping." Ah, fun stuff.

Reminds me of yesterday when Jeremy put his cup on my leg. I said, "Excuse me?"

"Mommy, did you just have gas?"

Yeah, somehow this isn't what I imagined when finding out the child I was carrying for nine months was a boy. I have a feeling, though, this is only the beginning...

2 comments:

Holli said...

My boys are all about the bodily functions. They have to tell me every little thing that happens, when it happens, how long it takes, what it looks like...everything. I think that's just par for the course. At this point, I'll settle for them not demanding to know what I'M doing every time I go to the bathroom.

Darcy said...

Ah yes, I seem to recall your post about the cat farting. The joy of boys. :) I can only imagine how disgusting our future is going to be.